This plugin makes it possible (and very easy) to:
- Prevent indexing of your search result pages, while still allowing the search engines to follow the links on them, by adding
noindex,followrobots meta tags.
- Prevent indexing of the subpages to your homepage, by adding a
- Prevent indexing of your login, register and admin pages by adding
noindexrobots meta tags.
metarobots tags, allowing you to opt out of DMOZ and Yahoo! Directory descriptions.
- Prevent Yahoo! and Google from indexing your feeds by adding a
metatag to their
- Disable author and date-based archives.
- Nofollow the category listings on single posts and pages to prevent PageRank leakage.
- Nofollow outbound links on your frontpage.
- Nofollow tag links.
- Edit your robots.txt and .htaccess from within your WordPress.
- Add robots meta tags to individual posts and pages.
- Verify your site with Google Webmaster Tools and Yahoo! Site Explorer.
- In WordPress 2.3 and up:
- Prevent indexing of just your comment feeds.
- Enforce a trailing slash on archive and tag pages.
Installation is easy:
- Download the plugin from WordPress.org.
- Copy it to the plugins directory of your blog.
- Enable the plugin in your admin panel.
- An options panel will appear under Plugins.
- Choose the settings you want.